Doing 23Things was such a great way to systematically work through some of the most important technological advances taking place on the internet. It is so important to know about these things mainly because, no matter what, someone will walk up to that desk and ask us.
But the other thing for libraries is that so many of these things are FREE. Free word of mouth, free advertising, free organization, free graphic design. For so long libraries have offered such a wealth of resources for (virtually) free. These Things are part and parcel of the philosophy of a public library (which is my domain, anyway).
One thing that makes me happy is how much I knew already. One of the challenges of being in the position of being very "green" in the library industry is being sure of paying attention to the proper advances. I work very limited hours at the library and my other job has absolutely no computer time involved, so the tools that I was already using and the blogs that I had been watching were actually right on target. Having this, as I've said, systematic approach to exploration just helped me to organize my research.
I will try to continue blogging.
I will absolutely continue monitoring my RSS feeds.
I will use these applications as needed.
Thanks for bearing with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment