To say that I'm sick of Twitter would be an understatement. I felt like I said all I had to say in the last Twitter post. But, because I am trying to be flexible and open minded and young-seeming, I sucked it up and tried some other things that the More Things on a Stick Wiki (haha "stickwiki") told me I should try. Thing is, I have all the same feelings as before: it's a great marketing tool, possibly a great networking tool (if anyone you want following you actually has a Twitter account), and a fun phenomenon if you have time. Otherwise, I'm completely bored with it. I don't want to check it, even my (few) friends who are on it have nothing of interest to say, and I'm sick of hearing about it.
I added a gadget to my homepage so that my Twitter updates are all there, I practiced texting on my phone before deciding that I really, really did NOT want to have to come up with pithy status updates and tinyurls, and I messed around with the Tweeter Directory only to become more and more irate about the fact that I'm being forced to explore this platform ad infinitum. No my page does not reflect me as a person and no, there is not enough information there for people to get a sense of who I am as a person because I AM NOT OUT TO MARKET MYSELF. I am out to finish this endless "Thing," this monkey (or twit-like birdie) on my back. In that grudging spirit, I will answer the rest of the questions:
I am using Twitter to see if anything interesting comes of it. I've had an account for about a year now, 7 people I know have an account and a whopping 2 of them update with any regularity. I also subscribe to three businesses, two of which I'm told sometimes feature special Twitter-only coupons and one which I just want to know when their events occur. I tried subscribing to a local, interesting guy and a library specialty account, but they posted so much about so many trivial things that I quickly unsubscribed out of sheer uninterest.
As you've guessed I'm at "#2 Presence" in the 5 Stages of Twitter Acceptance and as far as adding to the list of what I think Twitter is... perhaps a graphic representation would suffice:
I added a gadget to my homepage so that my Twitter updates are all there, I practiced texting on my phone before deciding that I really, really did NOT want to have to come up with pithy status updates and tinyurls, and I messed around with the Tweeter Directory only to become more and more irate about the fact that I'm being forced to explore this platform ad infinitum. No my page does not reflect me as a person and no, there is not enough information there for people to get a sense of who I am as a person because I AM NOT OUT TO MARKET MYSELF. I am out to finish this endless "Thing," this monkey (or twit-like birdie) on my back. In that grudging spirit, I will answer the rest of the questions:
I am using Twitter to see if anything interesting comes of it. I've had an account for about a year now, 7 people I know have an account and a whopping 2 of them update with any regularity. I also subscribe to three businesses, two of which I'm told sometimes feature special Twitter-only coupons and one which I just want to know when their events occur. I tried subscribing to a local, interesting guy and a library specialty account, but they posted so much about so many trivial things that I quickly unsubscribed out of sheer uninterest.
As you've guessed I'm at "#2 Presence" in the 5 Stages of Twitter Acceptance and as far as adding to the list of what I think Twitter is... perhaps a graphic representation would suffice:

Any questions? Thanks for the image limeduck!

No comments:
Post a Comment